Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Break

As the title suggests, I am on spring break this week. I had every intention of working on beaded jewelry (b-day presents) and reading a couple of books, but suddenly had the urge to finish my Oriental Butterfly WIP that I have not worked on since November. I've finished all the cross stitches on the scroll and butterfly and the Chinese symbols along the left side of the design, as well as the backstitching to these areas. These symbols seem to be taking me forever (I do not like backstitching!), so I'm not really enjoying them and am ready to finally finish this project.

I purchased my first Heaven and Earth Design (HAED) chart this week. It is called Blossoming Love and I love all of the pinks/peaches and browns in this piece. This will be my largest project ever (if you don't include my husband's crocheted afghan...ugh!!!) and will be 16" x 23" on 25 count fabric with 90 colors. I purchased all but one color that I need to complete the first page, but I'm hoping to place an online order for that last color, the fabric if I can ever decide which one to purchase, and possibly a larger q-snap as mine is only 6" x 6". I cannot wait to start this project and look forward to working on it.

I did work on some beaded jewelry this past week to try out my new jewelry making tools that I received at Christmas. I'm still not very good at going into Michaels and picking out beads that will look good together, so I purchased a kit with all the beads, wire, and fixings. The eye pins and head pins from the kit keep breaking, so I'm a little discouraged with this right now. I have until the end of the month to finish and have completed one bracelet and one pair of earrings; the kit makes two complete sets consisting of earrings, a bracelet, and a necklace.

Hubby and I watched Alice in Wonderland in 3-D yesterday and it was awesome. Not too sure I'm convinced of this whole 3-D movement as I was constantly having to readjust the glasses to get the screen to focus correctly, but overall it was a fun experience. Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter was, of course, my favorite character!

Hopefully, I'll have some pictures to post of the finished Oriental Butterfly this weekend.

Currently reading: Dark Embrace by Brenda Joyce

No comments: